Friday, August 21, 2009

So many books, so little time

Fiction writing has been on hold for the last week.

I received interest from a few literary agencies in a nonfiction book I'm writing. I sent out queries to a dozen agents and received requests for full proposals from three of them. Very exciting.

The book is a memoir of my experiences as owner and cheesemaker of Bingham Hill Cheese Company. The company rapidly rose to national prominence and just as quickly crashed and burned.

I spent the last week writing the proposal and will send it out Monday or Tuesday. At that point, I can resume work on my novel.

While the development interrupted my work flow, the process of writing the proposal was valuable and instructive. Working on two projects at once has helped me become a more disciplined and productive (albeit schizophrenic) writer.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm behind you on your writing, and I do wish you luck, but we need you back on the board. It's just no good since you've been gone. I've even played FAZ. Yes, FAZ. Now you know the seriousness of the situation.

    Your buddy, RC

    ReplyDelete